Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sleek MakeUP overload

If you read my last blog post you'll already know that I've been loving the Sleek MakeUP Ink Pot Gel Liner. Because of my new found love for this product, and my existing love for the Sleek face contour kit, I decided to dabble into a few other Sleek products. The products that I recently purchased were the Sleek Blush in Rose Gold and the Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Vamp. 

First of all, the Sleek Rose Gold Blush is one of the closest dupes I've found for the Nars Orgasm blush. It is quite a buildable product, with the gold flecks making the cheeks appear really healthy. For £4.49, this blush is a real cheap alternative for Nars Orgasm, and offers the same end result. I find that this colour really compliments the colours in my sleek contour kit, and is a great shade for the summer. 

I'd been wanting a dark red/burgundy lipstick for a while when I found Vamp at the Sleek MakeUP counter in Superdrug. One of the many perks of this colour is that it has a slight blue undertone meaning that it doesn't make your teeth appear yellow. It's a really good consistency but it is quite drying for the lips, so before applying this lipstick, make sure that you apply a layer of lip balm to soften and hydrate the lips. It has a matte finish, which is what I've personally been looking for, but if this isn't to your taste, they also do a collection of sheen finish lipsticks. The range of colours that are available in the True Colour collection are all really pretty and are definitely worth paying £4.99 for. The only problem with this product is that, as with every lipstick out there, if you apply too much it appears really cakey and doesn't look very nice. 

Another thing about the Sleek products as a whole is that the packaging looks really professional. There are some drugstore brands that have really shabby, unappealing packaging which leads me to doubt the quality of the product itself. Sleek packaging is looks really high quality, and because it's black, it's a lot easier to keep clean that other products, such as Natural Collection from Boots or Topshop makeup. 

All in all I definitely think that Sleek MakeUP is one of the best drugstore makeup brands I've used in a while. They offer high quality products all round, and are affordable too. 

Any brands or products that I have mentioned will be linked at the end of this post.

Keep smiling beautifuls. 

Ell x 


No comments:

Post a Comment