Saturday 20 July 2013

Sleek MakeUP product review: Ink Pot Eyeliner

I've been wanting a gel eyeliner for quite a while, partly because I was fed up of using liquid liner and fancied a change. But also because I'd heard quite a few beauty bloggers and YouTubers rave about how good gel eyeliners are. I came across the Sleek MakeUP Ink Pot eyeliner completely by accident. I was in my local Superdrug, looking to repurchase the Sleek face contour kit (which they didn't have in stock) when I found it. It cost £5.49, which was a few pounds cheaper than most of the other drugstore gel eyeliners that I'd looked at before. So I thought that it was quite a bargain.

The product itself, in my opinion is really good. It is quite easy to apply and dries a nice matte black. I've found that with some liquid liners that I've previously tried, that when they dry they look shiny which isn't the look that I want when applying eyeliner. You don't need to heavily load up the brush either to get a nice even coverage on your lid either, which means that the product will last a lot longer. I'd advise using a primer on your lids before applying this product though, as I've found that if you don't apply primer then as the day goes on, the liner tends to leave a black residue from where you have been blinking. Although I have found that primer is an easy solution to this problem, and by applying primer all over my lids I don't end up with residue/excess product where I don't want it to be.

The brush that comes with the liner is very small, and a little bit of a challenge to work with, so I would suggest if you are planning to convert to gel liner, purchase a flat eyeliner brush or whichever eye liner applicator you feel comfortable using. I would suggest using the flat eyeliner brush (1204) by ecotools. Although the liner brush that comes with the product is quite small, it is workable if you practice a little before applying.

All in all, I can't fault this product. I'm a big fan of Sleek MakeUP, I find that it is really high quality yet affordable, which is what I look for in beauty products. I would definitely recommend purchasing this product and will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

I will post the links below for the products that have been mentioned in this post.

Keep smiling Beautifuls

Ell x

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/eyes/liners/ink-pot
http://www.ecotools.com/flat-eyeliner-brush

No comments:

Post a Comment